I am a registered Psychologist, Psychotherapist and Counsellor based in Edinburgh in the EH1 area and Haddington, East Lothian where I run my private practices. In addition to this, I currently provide psychotherapy and counselling services to individuals and couples in one of the best renowned agencies in Scotland Bright Light Relationship Scotland in Edinburgh.
As a member of The British Psychological Society (BPS) and The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I am bound by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
After earning my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from The University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, my interests led me to complete my specialisation in Organisational Psychology and Work Related Stress at Gothenburg University in Sweden. Following that, I received my Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom where I then completed my Master’s. My research focused on the relationship between mother and child, and the effects it has on our adult life. Besides I also hold a Certificate in Relationship Counselling meaning that I am fully qualified to work with couples.
- BA in Psychology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Diploma in Marketing and Project management, Experta Business Academy, Zagreb, Croatia
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Certificate in Couples Counselling, Relationship Scotland, UK
- Master’s in Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Edinburgh, UK
My professional and personal experience has given me a wealth of insights, which I integrate into my practice.
- 14-year experience of working with vulnerable people in a variety of settings – from NHS and private psychiatric clinics to community and charitable sectors.
- Extensive experience in working in a business setting where I gained a huge understanding of the pressures that can lead people to extreme burnout.
- Living, working and training in a number of different countries, each with its own cultural setting and nuances, has made me deeply aware and sensitive to cultural differences, and the particular set of challenges that expats may face when moving to an unfamiliar place.
I am fluent in English, Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian and Bosnian and I am able to provide psychotherapy and counselling in all these languages.
I have trained in some of the UK’s most respected counselling institutions and I am registered with The British Psychological Society (BPS) and The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I adhere to their codes of ethics and practice and my work is fully supervised and insured – so you can be sure you’re in a safe pair of hands.